We Swim To The Shark by Georgie Codd - Review


Overcoming fear, one fish at a time. 


We Swim to the Shark is about a woman named Georgie who’s scared of fish. Not just little fish, BIG fish. Whale sharks to be precise. 

She sets off on a journey around the globe to conquer her fear; she wants to swim with them. My mind instantly went to Destiny the whale shark in Finding Dory, but *spoiler alert*, Georgie didn’t find a happy, talking whale shark on her journey. 

We Swim to the Shark is non-fiction but reads like a novel. I loved the writing style instantly. Georgie’s narration is entertaining, while at times the vibe is serious I loved her sense of humour, I had a few laugh out loud moments; like when part of her journey sees her living in a couples garden shed.. read the book to find out what happens there! 



I didn’t know anything about diving but this book is packed full of knowledge. Georgie speaks to many experts throughout the book and as she gained knowledge I felt like I did too. I had never thought much about diving, I’ve seen it in films but reading this book if you don’t know much about it, you will by the time you’re done. I was surprised by the amount of precision that goes into diving. 

One word I would use to describe this book is: inspiring. To face your fears head on is brave and Georgie didn’t give up. There were many bumps along the road for her but she didn’t let the bumps deter her. It’s inspired me to try and face my fears more. 

This is a book that contains sheer determination, a few fails that make Georgie stronger and it's a real life story that you can do anything when you put your mind to it. And get epic rewards from life when you don't give up.

I also now know how big whale sharks are... they're HUGE!

I give this book 5 stars! 


Comments

Popular Posts