The Truth About Magic by Atticus Poetry - Mini Review
A mini review for The Truth About Magic, the third book of poems by anonymous Instagram poet Atticus.
I have been a massive fan of Atticus since 2017 so I was very excited to read his new book which has 80% new material.
His poems are beautiful. He speaks from the heart, writes about love and life and there's such a sense of magic surrounding his words.
I read the whole book in one sitting, while it's an easy read and the poems are short, he really captures the beauty of certain situations. Travelling, the possibility of infinite love, the beauty of women, family, youth.
Some poems are on blank pages
But the book is also filled with beautiful pictures that go with the poems
I recommend reading his first two books Love Her Wild and The Dark Between Stars
He also has recently started a podcast where he reads some of his own poems daily and reads some other poets and writers words that he loves. The podcast is called Naked on Cashmere.
If you love poetry, I am certain you will love his words and if you've never read poetry, give his work a try. He made me fall in love with poetry and the power of words and I hope the same happens for you reading this.
Comments
Post a Comment