The Woman In The Window by A.J.Finn - Review
I knew it was being made into a film so I wanted to check it out but the blurb had me interested:
'It's been ten months since Anna Fox last left her home.'
'Anna's lifeline to the real world is her window, where she sits day after day, watching her neighbours.'
Anna sees something she's not supposed to see, then is talked out of believing what she saw, but you should always trust your gut instinct, something Anna learns.
The book starts off slow, you don't get to the scene that defines the book for quite a while and it's a lot of inner monologue from Anna, but she's different, quirky, troubled, which makes for interesting reading and keeps you entertained.
There were quite a few plot twists throughout the book, some surprised me, some were predictable.
Once everything had come to light about what 'happened' I thought that was it but then there was the big revelation, one big last plot twist which made reading the book worthwhile.
I thought the writing was really good, but because it was slow to begin with and a tad predictable at times, I am going to rate this book 4 out of 5 stars.
Comments
Post a Comment