The Sun And Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur - Review
I love poetry and this book did not disappoint.
My sister got me this book as a surprise but i already had my eye on it. Rupi Kaur is one of the biggest modern day poets, her first book Milk and Honey being a massive success. I haven't read her first book but i can see why her poetry is so popular, what she writes about is real and happens in so many of people's day to day life.
I went through so many emotions reading this book. I got depressed, i wanted to cry at some of the poems, i felt hope bloom inside me with others. Through poetry you can really express your emotions.
This book is raw, so honest and Rupi doesn't hold back on the hard truths of what can happen in life.
This book made me feel not so alone, that someone else was also feeling the way i do.
Her poetry obviously has a meaning to her but to me it had my own meaning, that's the beautiful thing about poetry, it can mean and be anything you want it to be.
Also the illustrations are beautiful in this book!
Comments
Post a Comment