Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid - Review



This book is rock n' roll at it's best and most realistic. It tackles addiction, heartbreak, loving people you can't have and the hardship of handling a big band. It gives you real insight into a band in the heart of America in the 70's, it's real and raw and takes you on an emotional ride. 

I have to admit, I wasn't sure about this book when I first started reading it. 

The way the book is set out, how the characters talk, it's a bit confusing at first to understand who everyone is. The vibe to me wasn't good and I wasn't enjoying it, but then, I found myself needing to read and read, turn page after page to see what happens.

This book just sucked me in, I couldn't put it down. That's such a cliche thing to say 'I couldn't put it down' but I really couldn't. 

After a while I thought the way the book is set out is genius. I am an aspiring writer and i'm jealous of how amazing this book is.

I was going to give it 4 stars but by the end, the book made me cry and now I give it 5 stars. 

I really recommend this book for when you have nothing to do so you can binge read it, forget about Netflix, this book is where the action is at!




















Comments

Popular Posts