The Truths And Triumphs Of Grace Atherton by Anstey Harris - Review


Book 4 of the year is The Truths and Triumphs of Grace Atherton.

This book caught my eye because of the cover, but then I read the blurb and decided I definitely wanted to read it. 

Anstey Harris’ is a very enjoyable and engaging writer. I feel like you could really see what Grace was seeing and her surroundings were vivid in my mind. I love descriptive writing that really paints a clear image in your head of the characters and what is going on with them. 

It’s obvious from the beginning that Grace is a little troubled and as the chapters go on, you see more and more why Grace has hid herself away and what’s shaped her to be a bit stuck in life. 

The book is set in the musical world, mainly Cello’s. I know have much better knowledge of a Cello.. not that I knew much before. I like learning something when I read and I learnt from this book.



Grace’s partner, David, plays a massive role throughout the book that causes Grace a lot of trouble. He’s not honest, he messes Grace around. I try to not judge characters too much when reviewing but David is not my favourite fictional character I’ve come across. Sorry (not sorry) David. 

Talking about characters, I absolutely loved Nadia and Mr Williams. An angry teenager and a wise man in his 80’s, completely different people, they are at different ends of life and yet they help Grace heal. I loved the relationship between the 3. Such a good trio. 

The book was full of different emotions, sadness, anger, happiness, hope, fear. I went on a roller-coaster of feelings but you can tell a great book when it makes you feel something.

I feel inspired by this book. I feel I shouldn’t give up on my dreams and that even when life falls apart it can be put back together. 


Overall, a beautiful novel, good writing (still obsessing over the delicious descriptive writing!!) and a very lovable main character. 

















Comments

Popular Posts