Becoming by Michelle Obama - Review
I feel so inspired after reading Michelle's book. Inspired to be better within myself, do better with other people and most importantly, own my own unique story that is me.
I had very high hopes for this book and Michelle definitely delivered chapter after chapter. It's not very often I am hooked to a book about someone's life, but I was intrigued to see what Michelle had to say. I have always seen her in the news as First Lady of the United States but this book you really just get to know Michelle as a woman, a mum and a wife. She's just like any other woman at the end of the day and it really comes across in her writing, she had a very humble upbringing and it shows the way she writes and talks about people.
With high profile people or a 'celebrity' as some people might brand her, I wasn't sure if the writing was going to be good. I think there's a big stereotypical thing with famous people that they wouldn't be a good writer just because they're in the public eye. But, to me anyway, it's obvious Michelle is a very intelligent and skilled writer. I enjoyed the way she led the book, the majority of the book is about life before the White House, it was interesting to see the background that led to a very new and modern White House.
Michelle talks a lot about supporting young girls and women and how highly she spoke about being a woman made me feel proud to be a young woman and how good it is to help and support other women.
Besides seeing her in the news, I didn't know anything Michelle Obama but after reading her book, I feel like I have just got to know a new friend because of how charismatic and kind she comes across.
This is the perfect 5 star book to read with some tea and just get away from reality to a world different from yours and see behind the scenes of one of the most inspirational women of our time.
I hope Michelle writes another book one day, whether it be fiction or non-fiction, I will definitely be picking it up.
Comments
Post a Comment